Touch is essential for physical and emotional well-being. We all know that a pat on the back or a kiss can make you feel special. Research shows that the right kind of touch can lower your blood pressure, improve your mood and relax your body. Your Registered Massage Therapist at Fairview Physiotherapy will ensure that the proper touch and treatment technique will match your particular condition.
While a massage treatment can deliver a pick-me-up when you’re feeling under the weather, it can also boost your immune system and get you back on track sooner. Massage therapy can stimulate sensory receptors of the skin which triggers the release of oxytocin (hormones that makes you feel good). It also decreases cortisol, the stress causing hormone to help bring balance to your life again.
The key to proper and effective healing from injuries is to act on it early. Yes, the traditional “wait and see” approach does work in some occasions. But most of the time, it can lead to a chronic condition, exacerbate another old injury, lead to pain elsewhere due to excessive compensation, or increase the severity of the existing injury. So treat your body like it deserves to be treated……properly and effectively…..by visiting our experienced massage therapist.
Massage has been shown to:
- Decrease back / neck pain
- Improve range of motion in back, neck, arms and legs.
- Increase joint and muscle flexibility
- Decrease stress and anxiety
- Facilitate tissue regeneration by reducing scar tissue
- Decrease spasms and cramping
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine and tension headache
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Reduce postsurgical adhesions and swelling
Understanding all the benefits of massage therapy will make it easy for you to submit to your massage therapist’s healing hands as we strive to deliver to you optimal results so that you get better ……… and stay better!