Fairview Physiotherapy will be re-opening slowly and carefully starting June 1, 2020. We look forward to helping our patients again. In order for us to open safely, we will need to follow the recommendations of the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC) and BC Health Authority.
There will be new protocols for attending the clinic such as:
- Patients are advised to wear a mask, but it is optional. Please bring your own mask. Your Physiotherapist has been advised to wear a mask when physical distance of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- Wear appropriate clothing for areas being treated.
- Payments: Debit tap and E-transfer only. We will not be accepting cash or cheque at this time.
- Bring yourself only.
- If you begin to feel unwell leading up to your appointment, please cancel your appointment and reschedule it. Symptoms of COVID-19 may include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, or loss of sense of smell.
- Maximum of 2 people in the elevators at a time.
- Pre-screening health questionnaire.
- Sign a consent form for treatment during the pandemic.
- Maintain physical distance (6 feet) with other people in the clinic.
- Sanitization on surfaces touched by both patient and Physiotherapist in treatment areas, and common areas, including door handles.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering and leaving the clinic. You may use the sink, or hand sanitizers. Your Physiotherapist will continue to maintain hand hygiene.
- Please feel free to bring up any suggestions or comments that may improve your experience or safety when visiting our clinic. We are all learning how to operate in this new world.
There will be some inconveniences during the next little while throughout the community. I hope we can all be understanding, patient and cooperate as we get thru this together. Thanks!
You will be asked to review this self-assessment questionnaire when you arrive to the clinic.
1) Are you experiencing any of the following?
- Severe difficulty breathing (e.g. struggling to breathe or speaking in single words)
- Severe chest pain
- Having a very hard time waking up
- Feeling confused
- Losing consciousness
YES / NO
2) Are you experiencing cold, flu or COVID-19-like symptoms, even mild ones?
- Symptoms include: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
YES / NO
3) Have you travelled to any countries outside Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
YES / NO
4) Did you provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19?
YES / NO